Author Topic: Bent Creek Day Trip  (Read 405 times)

DRT DIVA

Bent Creek Day Trip
« on: June 12, 2013, 10:39:50 PM »
Bent Creek is an experimental Forest within the city limits of Ashville, it is attached to the NC Arboretum also right off the NC Blue Ridge Parkway, a true destination. Because of the strict nature of this forest we have not been able to frequent this location on our weekend trips, now is the time to come ride. 

When: Saturday, June 22nd

We plan to meet (new location) at the Chick Fila in Belmont at 8:15 am.  Exit 27 off 85 , turn left then it will be on the right after crossing over the interstate, address is 801 Park St. Belmont, NC 28012

From the meeting spot we will have approx. a 2 hr. drive to the Ledford Branch Trailhead in Bent Creek (exit 33 off I-26).  (Directions, role call and parking options will be forwarded to trip participants by Friday, June 21st ). Those meeting us at the trailhead plan to be there around 10:15

We will caravan from the starting point in Belmont to the Leford Branch trailhead or surrounding parking area.  Bent Creek is a great place to ride.  We have 3 routes planned for the day ranging from 7-19 miles.  Bent Creek is great because it has easier gravel climbs, great swooping but yet technical downhills, more flat areas, named plant life, great scenic ridge lines views, and some non-taxing singletrack.
I promise it will gain your respect and is well worth the trip, for any level. 

These Dirt Diva Day Trips are designed for women and men, also including children that are of ability, contact us if you have any questions.  If you are not a current Dirt Diva member, you are welcome but a donation to the club is appreciated.  The trailhead offers a vault toilet but no running water, so come prepared.

After the ride we will plan to eat Mexican at Pappas and Beer; a local favorite, just 3 miles down the road, on the way to Interstate 26. 

I Would like to get an RSVP as to who might be attending this trip (let me know if you will be caravanning with us from Belmont or meeting at the trailhead and your cell#?

Thanks,
Patty Smith ? [email protected]
2013 DD Co-President